I "rescued" a caterpillar from his happy home the other day and decided to make him my pet. He wasn't eating any of the leaves that I had given him. I turned to my trusty Google, and found that caterpillars are very picky eaters, and that you can always use an apple slice, and they should eat that. On Sunday night, I put an apple slice in his little home. On Monday morning, he was nowhere to be found! I had left the zipper open! I searched for a few minutes, but then I had to go to work. I figured that eventually I'd either have a butterfly fluttering around my house, or Landon would find him for me. Yikes. Well, I've rescued him once again. I got home tonight, and found him in front of my kitchen. YAY!! He's still alive!! I put him back in his home with another slice of apple, and a cherry tomato.
And I zipped the zipper.
9 comments:
Dude, you're a cool mom. I'm totally grossed out by things like that. But then again, I'm weird.
Um, you have a bug as a pet? Gross.
:) You're cute.
That's so funny! Glue girl had 50 in her desk the other day. Yeah, I made her take them home.
HA! I love that you still call her glue girl. That is so funny. She had FIFTY?! Where in the world did she find so many?!
OMGOSH!!! I'd have run away and never come back if I saw 50 critters running around! ACK!
And Lacey - you rock...
*sniff* *sniff*
I have to let him go. :( He's just not eating anything I give him, and I don't want him to starve to death! I feel like such a failure! I can't even raise a caterpillar the right way! :P
awww lacey!!! You're not a failure! Caterpillars are hard to have as pets! lol
Maybe you should try a Praying Mantid first.. they aren't as fickle. :)
Loves ya!
Oh you're so smart. Caleb had two (he didn't want them to get lonely) that weren't eating the leaves so I made him set them free. :( I should've tried to google!! I had one as a kid that spun a cocoon. If they are the ones with gray fuzz on the side and like a blue or colorful tiny stripe on top they become moths.
Lacey, you are so funny. I'm sorry you had to set your caterpillar free. But at least Landon didn't find him first...I can only imagine how the poop would look.
Post a Comment