Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm the next American Idol.

We started Landon in swim lessons a few weeks ago, and he absolutely loves it. The majority of the lesson takes place in the therapy pool at the wellness center, then we move to the lap pool for the last few minutes. The therapy pool is about the temperature of a nice warm bath, so the babies just love it! Clint and I go together with him, and we all have a blast. One of the things we do is hold Landon while he lies on his back with his head resting on my shoulder. To help him tolerate it and anticipate "the end", we sing a song, sung to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot":

I'm a little pancake on my back,
I'm a little pancake nice and flat.
I'm a little pancake on my back,
Flip me over just like that.

This Saturday, I won't be available to attend the lesson, because I'll be in Vegas doing some wedding shopping with my newly engaged friend, Merridy. I told Clint that he could go without me, or take one of the Grandma's to help him. He hesitated, and then said he didn't think he'd go. When I asked him why, he answered, "You do such a great job singing the pancake song, and I'd hate to ruin it." LOL!!!

No comments: