Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My toddler does the dishes!!

Now don't go crying "child labor! child labor!". I have tried for SO LONG to keep my little guy out of the kitchen while I'm doing the dishes, but tonight I just decided to embrace it! He couldn't reach the top rack of the dishwasher but he handed me every dish from the bottom rack for me to put away! He got all the plates, the big bowl I had down there, and all the cutlery! And he didn't drop a single one; he was very careful. Then I tried to give him the boot so I could load the dirties, but nope, not havin' it. So, he made his best attempt at putting the plates and cutlery that I handed him in the bottom rack. It was so funny, I should have taken a picture. He did ok on the silverware, but the plates were a little different. He laid them all flat on TOP of the dividers. Hysterical! "E" for effort, Landon! Kudos to my sweet boy.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

I can't believe that he's that big already! Wasn't it just yesterday he had to use his bumboo to sit up in???

Lacey said...

I know, Jeanne, it's insane! I took him to the doctor the other day and he's a monster!! He's over three feet tall, weighs a few ounces shy of 30 pounds, and wears a size 7 1/2 shoe! The kid's huge I tell you.

The Barb Chronicles said...

It's so cute when they are helpful, it's not so cute when they attempt the task on their own and break all of it. :-) Can he come teach mine?

Jamiecrafts said...

WOHOO, thats what cody has been doing, he try's to be a big helper!