Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dum, dum, du-dum...

They did it! They're really married!!! My longest friend, Merridy, got hitched yesterday! I am so happy for her and her Jimmy. She looked absolutely stunning. Her day was perfect, despite the bit of rain we got during her outdoor ceremony. I think I was more stressed leading up to her wedding than I was my about own, because I was having some funky dreams about it. About a week ago I dreamt that it was the day of the wedding and I was racing around trying to get everything ready. I hadn't even showered yet and all of a sudden people were walking in talking about how great the ceremony was. I had completely missed it! I think I actually woke up crying from that one. Then, on Friday night, I had a dream that once again I was rushing to get things finished and I went to get my hair done for the wedding. When I got there, I met this crusty old woman that was supposed to make me look beautiful. She was extremely careless and worked TOO quickly. By the time I got home from the salon, my "up-do" was a ratted knot hanging from my head. I KNOW I woke up crying from that one. Ha! My anxiety about it all subsided and I was able to be the "calming maid-of-honor", and photographer, and set-up crew, and errand runner, etc....

See how gorgeous she was?



The lovebirds:


Dee and me (rain and my bangs don't mesh well):

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh she looks beautiful! And so do you and your rained on bangs.

Nonna said...

I love weddings! Nice pics...!

Jenna said...

Those are gorgeous!! Did you take them? What a pretty bride!

Haha, your dreams were funny to read.