Monday, May 4, 2009

He's TWO!

Okay, so he was two about two weeks ago. So I'm a little behind! We had his party the weekend after his birthday, so these are pictures from both his actual birthday and his party. Grandpa James, Grandma Bonnie, Uncle Tanner, Aunt Brianna, and Uncle Austin all came up to celebrate his birthday with us. It was great having them visit! We had a big breakfast, and then BBQed burgers later in the afternoon, followed up with some yummy birthday strawberry/pound cake deliciousness.







His party the following Saturday was complete with good food and good company! We had several friends drop by over the course of about FOUR hours. It made for a long day but it was a lot of fun to visit with everybody. Landon's big into cars, monster trucks, and anything else with wheels, so his cake was none other than that! However, there was a slight (well, not so slight) goof-up on my part. I made the cake the night before and I didn't want it to melt/slide, and since there wasn't much room in my refrigerator, I put it in the freezer thinking that if I took it out early in the morning it would thaw in plenty of time. Yeah. Well, the CAKE part thawed, but the pudding filling did not. Sooooo, we had chocolate cake with a vanilla icicle center. :)




One of the things that Landon got from us for his birthday was a big boy bed! Clint picked him out a pair of matching jammies to go with it. :) Landon had fun "helping" Daddy put it together. He was so excited about it! We haven't had a single problem (yet) with him getting out of it.


4 comments:

Marla said...

Awww I still can't believe he is so big!!

The Barb Chronicles said...

he's the cutest stinkin two year old I have ever seen! Hey I am giving away an outfit on Rustic Raspberry, so sign up... maybe you'll win!

Heather said...

He is not a baby anymore is he?! Wow, he looks like such a big boy. Congrats on the toddler bed. Ayden wouldn't stay in his, he's back in the crib.

The Barb Chronicles said...

Lacey-

Hey girl! Thanks for entering the Rustic giveaway. Can you email me your email? I need them all for the final drawing tomorrow. THanks

my email is therusticraspberry@yahoo.com

thanks!

Barb