Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Here's a tip...

Never eat yellow snow!


It started snowing at 5:30 this morning AND IT HASN'T STOPPED. This is so exciting! School went ahead with the regular schedule since some of the buses were already starting their routes, but they cut the day short and sent everyone home by 1 o'clock. I spent the afternoon hanging out with Landon at my friend Kendra's house and we just lazed around on the couch watching the snow fall outside. It was so fun! The kids in the neighborhood are having a BLAST. And I just got the call from my supervisor: SCHOOL IS CANCELED FOR TOMORROW! HOORAY!!! They're forcasting 16 inches of snow by tomorrow at noon. All I can say is WOW. I have lived in Kingman for the better part of 15 years and I have NEVER seen more than 6 inches of snow around here.

I laid Landon down for a nap, so I don't have any pictures of him yet, but I will for sure get some tomorrow! He was so funny this morning. Every morning when we leave the house he follows me out to the car and I buckle him in. When we left today there was already a light dusting on the ground and it was still falling. I walked down the driveway and put my things in the car and when I turned around to grab Landon he wasn't there! I panicked thinking he was walking down the other side of the car headed for the street but he wasn't there either! I quickly found him still standing under the shelter of the patio with a look on his face that said, "Uh, what the heck is this and do you really expect me to set foot out in it?" It was priceless!

When we got home, I grabbed a handful of the obscure, fluffy, white stuff and let him touch it and taste it. He was curious, but didn't want another bite! That stuff is cold!





Here's the vacant parking lot of the school across the street.


And the firetruck racing away to save someone's life.

3 comments:

jamie said...

WOHOO for snow, I love it! and I love that I dont have to take my kids to school tomorrow too!!!

Kate said...

It looks really pretty at someone else's house but here at mine it just makes me sad. And NOTHING gets cancelled for snow here. Life goes on! Enjoy your snow day!

Heather said...

Oh I hope we get snow days here. Lots and lots. yay for you!