Thursday, July 10, 2008

My baby broke out in hives!

So not fun. He's cutting his first bicuspid and it's causing him some problems, including, but not limited to (if you catch my drift), a fever. He woke up Tuesday morning with a splotchy rash around his legs where his diaper rubs and on his arms where his sleeves rub. I though it was just a heat rash from the fever. Uh, no. By Tuesday evening it had spread down his legs and arms, and he had a few spots on his face. I made an appointment for him to see the doctor Wednesday morning. By the time we got to the doctor, the rash had spread to his stomach, back, neck, and even his ears. He even had some spots that were raised into hives. It's so sad! His doctor said that he is definitely having an allergic reaction to something, but I just don't know what. Nothing has changed in his diet/environment that I can pinpoint. He's got an appointment to see the allergist and get some testing done to determine what has caused this. I'm dreading it for him.

In perkier news, he learned a new word! He was taking an oatmeal bath yesterday and said "turtle". I got all excited and then he started saying it over and over. Too cute.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

That is crazy about the hives but super cute about the turtle. Kids are amazing, even when they feel the worst they can still put a smile on their face and make cute comments. When I don't feel good I'm a big boob and just cry and want to be cuddled.